DIGITAL ISLE OF MAN
Digital Isle of Man is an Executive Agency of the Department for Enterprise, acting as a key decision making and advisory body supporting the Government’s ambition for long term economic prosperity for the sector.
To develop and implement a strategy which will support sustainable economic growth and establish the Isle of Man as a centre of international excellence for the digital economy.
- To be responsible for a shared vision and strategy of the Isle of Man as an internationally well-regarded and diverse digital nation in order to promote economic growth, domestically and internationally, in consultation with the Department and digital stakeholders;
- To agree and allocate resources to the agreed actions in pursuit of strategic outcomes, within the budget and resources available, including the utilisation of private sector funding and secondees;
- To set clear and measurable targets for success, agreed with the digital sector, and be transparent in reporting progress, including an annual report to the sector, the Department and Tynwald;
- To act as the primary conduit between government and industry – helping to create the right environment for the sector to achieve sustainable growth, facilitating feedback to the Department and exchanging views with the regulatory bodies regarding opportunities, challenges and risks to the future success of the sector;
- To act as a forum that proactively considers digital sector-related strategic and policy issues, prepares and plans for short, medium and the long-term industry growth with advice up to the Department and Economic Advisory Board more generally.